Description from the 2006-07 RMC Catalog:
This course emphasizes the reading and writing of
polyphony, based upon sixteenth-century contrapuntal
techniques. Prerequisite: MUS112. 2 semester hours.
Attendance: Students are expected to attend every scheduled rehearsal and performance.
Grading: The progress of the student is measured relative to the goals and the following matrix:
• A: The student exceeds all goals and expectations, exhibiting utmost excellence and professionalism.
• B: The student performs more than the minimum expected, but has not fulfilled all potential areas of performance and professionalism.
• C: The student adequately meets expectations, but does not excel nor exceed these expectations.
• D: The student performs below expectations, making some, but minimal, progress.
• F: The student regularly misses lessons and makes no progress during the semester.
Schedule: Due to the individualized nature of instruction and the varying abilities of the students, the course progresses at a rate appropriate to the abilities of the student. Nonetheless, the entire content of the text will be covered in the course of the semester.